Re: gcc 3.1 on Woody?

On 24 Jul 2002 09:24:43 +0200, Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
<avbidder@fortytwo.ch> wrote :
> Did you do any benchmarking?

I didn't. I compiled only the GNOME 2 desktop and some apps with
gcc-3.1. The desktop feels more responsive when compiled with gcc 3.1.
I'm not aware of any ways to do benchmarking with the GNOME 2
desktop though.

I would recommend trying Gentoo Linux if you want a fully
optimized system. I used it for about 1.5 months until i got tired of
compiling apps everyday and moved to Debian.

--
Regards,

Jeremy Tan