Re: unresolved symbols in modules

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 10:05:27PM +0100, Peter Whysall wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 22:05, David Jardine wrote:
> > Running
> >
> >    depmod -e
> >
> > produced 8,575 complaints of unresolved symbols (671
> > different symbols in 480 modules).
> >
> > Should I be worried?
>
> This likely means that your kernel and modules in /lib/modules don't
> line up.
>
> More info is required, specifically the version of the kernel you are
> using and whether your computer actually works :-)

Well, yes, it does work, which is what rather confuses me.
I boot from a floppy created when I rashly attempted to compile
a kernel (2.2.19pre9) some time ago.  I had gone back to the
original version, but the floppy for that got corrupted and the
only way I could see to get back in was to use my own weird
thing.

As you may have noticed, I'm way out of my depth in all this,
but I can well imagine that things don't "line up".  But does
it matter?  I don't really want to start all over again - I've
done it too many times already :( - but if there's a time bomb
ticking in the system ...

David