Re: lilo installation

At 08:31 AM 7/23/02, Thorsten Pawlak wrote:

Hi debain users,

I'm a linux-newbie and have not much experiences with linux.

My question: I got an old HD (1,8 GB) and installed linux on it. But I removed my usual windows HD from my Mainboard and jumpered the 1,8GB HD as the Master for installing linux. But now I want to use both HDs and install lilo with a boot menu to choose booting linux or windows.

How can I install and config lilo now?

Maybe important:I haven't installed the desktop environment yet.

Sorry, for my English, maybe I made several mistakes.

Thx a lot, the linux newbie ;-)

Lilo should have been installed on the hard disk by default
if you installed Debian.  Check under /etc for a lilo config
file. If it's not there, then you can always do an apt-get.