Propagating Debian on a LAN

The process of installing Debian is agonizingly show the way I do it. I
use dselect and hand pick every package. That's fine for a single
machine. But I need a way to do that on one machine, and then propagate
that setup quickly to other machines on the network (consider them fresh
installs). I don't have a CD burner, so skip that. I considered rsync,
but I don't know if it would work for this.

Is there some Debian package that does this, or some known way to do it?
(If you need more data, ask.)

Paul