Re: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

<quote who="Ink Fox">

> Somebody should have mentioned memtest86. For a PC, at least, most memory
> testing programs are just good at testing the cache, or don't detect
> adjacent joined bits or anything other than stuck bits.

i take it you didn't read my posts on this thread(i was the one
having the problem). i mentioned running my memory under memtest86
for 2 weeks straight, going at least 150 passes over the memory and
memtest86 didn't so much as blink, didn't detect a thing. on top of
that i had the exact same memory in the same brand/model of motherboard
in production for about 2 years without even a hint of a problem.

i emailed the contact on the memtest86 homepage my story, i'm not
sure how often if ever they get stories on how memtest86 missed
a defect in the memory. im just glad i was able to track it down.

memtest86 is a great program though i have used it to find faults
in many other memory modules over the years. don't know why this
incident was different ...

nate