Re: spam bouncing and wireless (was: demographics of debian users)

On Wed, 2002-07-17 at 23:03, Craig Dickson wrote:
> What goes beyond mere laziness, into the realm of the highly obnoxious,
> is automated spam complaints, whether to the sender's ISP, Razor, or
> RBLs. I have heard of this being done; it's even a feature of some spam
> filtering software, such as SpamBouncer. IMHO, if you're going to accuse
> someone of spamming, you ought to look at the mail first, rather than
> trusting a simple piece of software.

Sounds alot like the recent /. article I saw about broadband companies
searching for people's email address in wireless mailing lists, then
sending them a "stop sharing out your internet connection" email.  There
were several people who got emails who just subscribed to the list, not
to broadband.  Talk about false positives.

Jeremy

Jeremy M Turner, A+ Technician             Phone: 405.425.5555
Email: Jeremy.Turner@oc.edu                Phone: 405.425.1820
Information Technology Services, Oklahoma Christian University