Re: How to install Gnome?

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 11:10:16AM -0500, Grant Edwards wrote:
> There are a bunch of Gnome packages intalled, but startx still
> gives us TWM.

I usually start gnome my putting the following in ~/.xinitrc:
exec gnome-session.

> What woody packages need to be installed to get a Gnome desktop
> running?

Can't check exactly as I don't have access to my machine at the moment,
but under sid and 'apt-get install gnome' fetches the most common
packages.  I would assume that if you have the 'gnome-core' package
installed you should at least be able to start gnome though.

Rob