Sound card help? [was: Recompiled kernel ... (newbie)]

Tom wrote:
so did you get it fixed? we like to hear about happy endings.

Sorry to leave you guys hanging about the network card :) I'm just getting back to it today and am getting ready to recompile again. I was wondering though if someone could tell me what I need to make my sound work? If I'm going to have to recompile the kernel for that too - I might as well do it all at once - right?

My sound card info is Model Crystal Semiconductor; Chip set CS4236. BTW, where do you go to find out information about what drivers/modules/settings you need for your hardware? I need to bookmark that one for future reference :)

Thanks for the help everyone!! Hopefully I'll have some good news this afternoon :)
Lisa B.