Re: Samba

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 23:49, Angus Scott-Fleming wrote:
> On 28 Jun 2002 at 18:06, Joe Wise  wrote:
>
> > When I tried to connect my linux box to my win2k for sharing files I
> > used:
> >
> > Smbmount //wren/public /home/public U adminj I 192.168.0.100
>
> Google is your friend ...
>
> Possibilities:
>
>         You must have encryption enabled in Samba.   Also, your
>         *samba* uid and pwd must match, not just your linux uid
>         and pwd.

huh? the linux username/passwd has _nothing_ to do with the
authentication to the remote smb(windows) server. The only time that
might be the case is if the linux system were acting as the samba
_server_ not the client.

One thing that would make a difference is whether or not there is an NT
domain in the picture. If so the username should be specified either
domain/username or username/domain it seems to vary

-Mark