Re: Samba

On 28 Jun 2002 at 18:06, Joe Wise  wrote:

> When I tried to connect my linux box to my win2k for sharing files I
> used:
>
> Smbmount //wren/public /home/public U adminj I 192.168.0.100

Google is your friend ...

Possibilities:

        You must have encryption enabled in Samba.   Also, your
        *samba* uid and pwd must match, not just your linux uid
        and pwd.

http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/3/lev3/19/pid/865/qid/281627

Also, what version of Samba?  You may need to upgrade to the current version
to get Win2k to talk to it; ISTR that the Samba that installs with potato pre-
dates Win2k.

--
GeoApps
http://www.geoapps.com/