Re: makefile to get iostream.h, etc

Paul Scott,,, wrote:

Colin Watson wrote:

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 01:45:41AM -0700, Paul Scott,,, wrote:

I would guess that naming C++ source files foo.c doesn't help. Try
foo.cpp instead, and then make's default rules will be more useful to
you.

Silly me.  That makes sense.  I'll let you know if it doesn't work.

It didn't. Here's what I have so far. I didn't see anything in 'info make'. I have programming with GNU Software as a reference but it doesn't say much about g++ with make. I'm an incremental programmer. This looked like almost enough:

LIBS = -lm

OBJS = fixext2fs.o Ext2fs.o display.o

DEBUGOBJS = fixext2fs.do Ext2fs.do display.do

EXECNAME = fixext2fs

fixext2fs: $(OBJS)
  g++ -o $(EXECNAME) $(OBJS) $(LIBS)

debug: $(DEBUGOBJS)