Re: installing stable on scsi disks

> On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:09:25AM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> > Can you see the SCSI disks among the kernel messages?
> > Maybe you should provide a kernel parameter, something like
> >
> >     linux aha1542=0x134
> >
> > ? This thing is mentioned in the installation help screens (F1... at
> > the boot prompt).
>
> The kernel message flashes by dureing booting and then I get the install
> screen.
>
> I looked at the help screens but couldn't find anything useful.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Rudy
> --
> Rudy Gevaert - rudy@zeus.rug.ac.be  - http://www.zeus.rug.ac.be
> keyserverID=24DC49C6 -  http://www.webworm.org
> I'm a GNU/Linux advocate. Every action against my beliefs is useless
>
> Hate the sin and love the sinner.
>         -- Mahatma Gandhi

  You might check at your favorite Debian mirror whether
dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/kernel-config has the appropriate
support for your SCSI disk. In addition you might try the images with
the other kernels.
  As you can see I am not convinced that your SCSI disk is supported
out of the box and without any parameter by the kernel that you are
using. Yet this might be the wrong direction.
--

    Shaul Karl, shaulka@bezeqint.n e t