Re: Which window manager to use?

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:44:49 -0400
"David Z Maze" <dmaze@debian.org> wrote:

> I can't seem to find a window manager I like.  I'm not actually picky
> on the appearance, so long as it's not garishly ugly (for example, any
> of the Enlightenment themes).
(snip)
> Requirements:

Of the items listed, blackbox does a good number of them natively (or with
one or two helper apps):

> -- Starts on every screen of a multiple-screen display.

native

> -- If a window resizes itself while being moved, notice this fact.
> -- Doesn't splatter things on the desktop. (Or can be configured not to)

native

> -- Supports GNOME window manager hints.

not completely supported currently, but soon

> -- Supports a two-dimensional virtual desktop setup.

by this I assume you mean something like 2 columns by 2 rows?  If so, this
can be done with the assistance of bbpager I believe.

> -- Snap-to-neighbor and snap-to-edge window dragging.

snap-to-edge, but not snap-to-neighbor

> -- Straightforward graphical configuration.

native simple option menus

> -- Includes a root-window menu.

native

--