Re: ATI Rage 128 and XFree 4.1

Quoting Omen Wild <Omen.Wild.d@Dartmouth.EDU> on Wed, Jun 26 12:13:

 [ snip ]
> I just cannot use the DRM 4.1 kernel driver for the Rage
> 128 or X locks up.  Now that I think about it, using the kernel 4.1
> driver with X 4.2 seems like it could be a bad idea...

[ snip ]

Hmmm, talking to myself again.  ;-) I figured this one out.  It was not
the version of the DRM drivers, but rather I did not have the right
agpgart driver.  The GX240 seems to require CONFIG_AGP_I810 rather than
just CONFIG_AGP_INTEL.  I have both marked yes and now lsmod shows:
r128                   84032   1
agpgart                20224   3

So they are actually getting used and X works fine.  I also have:
   Option      "UseFBDev"     "true"
in my XF86Config-4 "Device" section.

Omen

--
Antonym, n.:  The opposite of the word you're trying to think of.