Re: Question: Sound recording from radio station

Scott Henson wrote:

> Im not sure, but I dont think ext3 nor reiserfs suffer from this
> affliction.  So you might try an upgrade to ext3.  This would fix your
> file limitation problem.  Anyone wanna tell me Im wrong?

As I said, this is an ext3 file system, exported via NFS.  Maybe it's
the architecture limiting the file size, of it's NFS.

I now have the following solution

	$ time rawrec -t 3600 | \
	  sox -t sw -r 44100 -c 2 - -t wav - | \
	  lame --alt-preset insane - radio.mp3

which saves the audio as an 320kbps mp3 stream for maximum quality.
That's basically good enough for me, even for later editing and
downgrading.

Ciao,
Viktor
--