Re: kernel upgrade to 2.4.18

On 2002.06.22 09:38 Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:
Sorry to pick up this conversation midstream, but all this talk of
kernel upgrades got me wondering, and I decided to try it for myself.

I have downloaded the sources and uncompressed them where they should
be. I made the link (if I should or not, this is how I have always
done it otherwise) and have tried make menuconfig.

I keep getting errors about not having ncurses installed. I searced
with apt-get and have tried to install anything that even mentions
ncurses, but I still get the same error.

Any ideas? TIA.

Assuming you have the source package, you should be able to do 'apt-get build-dep package' to install and configure all build dependencies. This seems to me to be the sanest aproach.

Ian