/etc/aliases problem

For some reason, I cannot send mail to root directly anymore -- and
I know the cause; I've set up postfix to rewrite the address
root@$myorigin to my real e-mail address, thus ah@siol.net. Since
this rewrites *all* occurrence of the above, writing mail root
results in mail to root@$myorigin with the same sender. The result
is that local mail to root gets delivered via my ISP! :)
So I was thinking to add an alias like root: root@localhost, since
sending it to this address is perfectly OK. But I think it doesn't
work ...
Surely there's another way to solving this but I'm new to postfix
and couldn't find a simpler/more advanced solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
andrej

--