Re: netatalk stopped working. help/advice needed

* Michael Heldebrant (hmike@portalofevil.com) [020620 20:51]:
> On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 22:30, Paul E Condon wrote:
> > What is the stuff about minimum uid? Explain what considerations affect the
> > value I choose for this. Must I choose? Or may I ignore?
>
> I have no idea what that means.  I didn't use it.  Perhaps a more
> security conscious debian-security list lurker might know.

Well, I'm no security guru, and I haven't set up netatalk in ages, so
take this with a cc of salt.

My guess would be that this would be something like specifying the
lowest UID that is able to access shares. You should probably use 1000
by default, which is where adduser starts adding regular user accounts
by default.  The setting would be used to prevent someone from trying to
connect and assume the identity of a system account like mail, www-data,
or root.

Again, that's just a vague guess.

good times,
Vineet