Re: Deactivating swap ..... takes forever

also sprach Nicos Gollan <gtdev@spearhead.de> [2002.06.20.0118 +0200]:
> > it might be a problem. the 2.4 kernel has the most embarassing
> > virtual memory management i've seen. quite possible it's the cause.
> > 2.2 still had fair (not good) virtual memory management.
>
> I hope you aren't talking about that pre-2.4.10 "let's kill init if
> we're short on memory" VM?

i don't think post-2.4.10 is any better on virtual memory. chuck
cranor would faint. but no, i wasn't speaking of that pre-2.4.10
thingy.

f u cn rd ths, u cn gt a nce jb in th prgrmng indstry