Re: Deactivating swap ..... takes forever

> it is probably okay actually. after all, when you deactivate swap, all
> swap files have to be emptied and writting into memory.
> unfortunately, memory might not be able to hold it all, and swapping
> occurs. until all is swapped in, it takes a while.

But it never get passed that stage ... so there must be something wrong,
and I tried to reboot (and swapoff -a) right after when the system just
get startups so the loading should be light.

I tried swapoff -a and reboot with Debian's default 2.2 kernel (Woody)
and it turns swapoff immediately, no problem.

So I think there must be something wrong with the config ?  I checked
the changes log and my hardware should work okay with 2.4.