Re: Where are the GAIM sounds?

* Nick Traxler (nick@dsl-093-a.resnet.purdue.edu) [020618 17:32]:
> Subject says it all. I listed gaim, gaim-common, and gaim-gnome.
> None of them seem to have any sounds, so am I missing a package, or are
> they not in the debian version? I'm using unstable.

They're built-in. they come in a sounds directory in the source as
.au's, but are compiled into the binary with something called au2h.c
also there. So when gaim sees "(default)", it uses sounds which are
compiled in the gaim binary. (Why? who knows! It seems it would make
more sense to include the sound files in the distribution and reference
them via pathnames in .gaimrc, but that's just me...)

Anyway, if you want the sound files, just download the source.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/