Re: OGG wont do

> > http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic/alright.ogg
>
> Yep i can hear it sounds good until it stops =) what is it?

It's the first 500 frames of "Feelin' Alright" by Joe Cocker.

> But as it is always the same thing one problem solved the next one comes up =/
> i manage to play all mp3's ripped with grip and lame i can play them with
> noatun (which is IMHO a unatractive player) but with none else =( they are
> called mp3 now but xmms won't play em mp3blaster not either only noatun.
> i can play all other mp3's and musikcds perfectly with xmms but with those
> ripped with grip xmms will freeze.
> If someone could tell me the exact options for grip in section mp3 i would be
> pleased.
> Thanx
> Florian

If you want to encode .ogg's from a cd, do the following:

1) Stick the disk in your cdrom and fire up grip.
2) On the grip interface, click "Config"
3) On the submenu, click on "MP3"
4) On the "Encoder" selector, select 'oggenc'
5) On the MP3 executable, enter "/usr/bin/oggenc"

My advice is to quit monkeying around with lame as your ogg encoder.
Installing the 'vorbis-tools' package takes < 1M disk space and is highly
reliable.

Good luck.

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic