Re: debian on iBook,ftp connect how ?

On Tuesday 18 June 2002 00:52, Alexander Carôt wrote:
> [snip]
> Can anyone tell how I can establish an FTP or http connection with
> this version of debian I have installed now ?
> I can only say that I got it from the net install page and
> kernelversion shows me a 2.4.

Hmmm... be a little more specific. Do you want to connect to other FTP
or HTTP servers in the outside net or do you want to be able to
connecto to your machine from the outside net?

> Someone recommended using curl,wget or ftp command but I could't find
> any of them. Surprisingly he updates the package list using dselect
> successfully (when using eth) so I know that it is supported. Just
> don't know which command to use or where to find it - sorry still
> Linux newbie.

If you got dselect running, you can get those really fast. You can
search the package index for it. Entering "/wget", "/ftp" or "/curl"
should get you there. Read the dselect help for more information on how
to select packages.

--
Embedded Linux -- True multitasking!
TWO TOASTS AT THE SAME TIME!