Re: Net Install Requirements..

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 08:34:16PM -0400, Matthew Tedder wrote:

| I'd like to install Debian on an old 8MB i386 with ~500MB of disk
| space.  Is this possible?

I don't know if the installer works with that little memory, but after
the install it will work ok.  I have a 486SX 25MHz, 8MB RAM, 320MB hdd
(32MB is swap) acting as a router/firewall at my parents' house.  I
did the install on my "modern" (but kinda aging now) machine because I
had cds on hand and couldn't get a cd drive to boot in the old
machine.  If you have another system, it is very easy to swap hard
drives during the install process and then put them back afterwards.

(and, unlike windows, you won't have to reboot several times while the
system chugs about saying "I found new hardware" :-))

-D

--

A)bort, R)etry, D)o it right this time

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/