Galeon/XChat fonts are zero-width

For some reason, Galeon on my PowerPC often has zero-width
fonts. (I think the first time I run it in a new login session
it's OK, but not neccessarily)

And XChat does the same thing.

As it happens, a friend of mine's i386 laptop is also doing
the same thing. Both running Debian Unstable, although the
PowerPC hasn't had an update in a while (It's on pay-per-Mb
internet at the moment) and I've got no idea how recently the
laptop's been updated...

Is this a common problem I just can't buid the correct keywords
for or what? (These are both GTK1.2+ programs, and I have
GTK2+ installed on the PPC machine, if it helps)

I haven't tested much else since I mainly use the machine
for XTerm and Galeon, although I'm suffering through with
Mozilla and Konquerer in the meantime. :-)

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.