wdm

I've been using the wdm GUI login manager for several months and have been impressed with how well it works.... until now....

I upgraded my RAM from 128M to 768M and now, whenever the screen shuts down (using xset) while logged out (wdm displayed) - it hangs when it attempts to Authenticate. Prior to the Authentication process, the mouse and keyboards and all aspects of the GUI work fine. As soon as I get my name and password in and hit Enter or mouse->OK, it dies.

This is about my only clue:
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xf9f)!

--
 20:50:01 up 3 days,  3:04,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00
Linux is the future...