Re: Kernel panic... :-(

On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 05:46:41AM +0200, Helgi Örn wrote:
> Thank's for the information Mathias!

np.

> Yes, and modprobe ide-scsi.
> I also wonder which init file I can put the line:
> /sbin/modprobe ide-scsi
> would /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh be the right place?

nope. the modutils package have a great range of helper scripts and
config files. for loading modules automatically from startup, you could

1. install an initital ramdisk and load the driver from there. needed if
   the driver has to be loaded for accessing the root partition. i dont'
   recommend it, unless it's necessary.

2. if it's not needed for accessing root, just but the name of the
   module to /etc/modules. just the name of the module (without .o) on one
   line there. it will be auto-loaded at startup.

3. if you want an automatically loading and unloading of module, for
   e.g. if a device is accessed, you'll need to do an alias of the
   specified device at the proper place below /etc/modutils. see
   examples already there.  never tested it out with ide-scsi, but you
   could try to alias the /dev/sg0 device to ide-scsi. don't forget to
   run update-modules after change. dont's know if this works with
   ide-scsi, never tried it out