Re: good Linux modems

> wherever you heard that should be dismissed for lack of credibility. i'm
> running the same modem, albeit an earlier v.90 incarnation, for a year
> without the slightest problem. it's possible that your source made an
> assumption based on the fact the usr--and it's usr, not usb--site doesn't
> offer linux support. whatever the case may be, the usr 56k faxmodems are
> solid on linux.

Ah, no, I meant USB (plug the modem to your USB bus...)
Peolpe are telling me that although there are some that would no work,
most USB modems are OK.

my problem is that since my old motherboard died, I had to buy one
without an ISA slot, and can't use my old modem anymore. I'm using DSL
now, but am not sure for how long I can pay for the DSL line.

J.