Re: Q: How to find people with Debian skills

On Thursday 30 May 2002 06:34 am, dman wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 06:30:04PM -0700, ben wrote:
> | On Wednesday 29 May 2002 06:04 pm, dman wrote:
> | > What if debian.org added a "jobs" section where people can post their
> | > interest (employers and employee-wannabes)?  Any volunteers for
> | > setting this up?
> |
> | a debian-jobs list would be a good idea, but restricted to jobs
> | available, to which responses could be made off-list (who would want to
> | wade through a mountain of resumes?).
>
> That sounds good, but I was thinking more along the lines of a portion
> of http://www.debian.org so that people looking for a job could post
> their interest there and prospective employers can go and browse
> through that info.  In addition the employer could post available
> positions there so that prospective employees can browse the available
> jobs at their leisure.  Well, as long as I'm not implementing it it's
> just vaporware.

karsten made a valid point referencing both the no-advertisement policy and
the plague of previous recruiter spamming, so i imagine the project would
have to take someplace other than debian.org. it just strikes me as ironic
that the eminently desirable objective of enabling employment positions in a
debian environment cannot be accommodated in some way and that potential
enablers cannot be directed to an appropriate debian-specific resource.
anybody got a clue on how to proceed with addressing that?

ben