Re: [ianlow87@hotmail.com: Installation Help]

If you have a decent internet connection, you're better off installing over the 'net than off the cd.
You can download 6 floppies from debian: rescue.bin, root.bin, and driver discs 1-4.  Once these
discs are installed (just following the instructions as the screen prompts you) it will download the
base system off of Debian's home site.  I did it this way on all 3 of my Debian boxes.

2.1 is really outdated.

Glen

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 11:57:09AM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
> Seen on debian-cd. Any idea, anybody?
>
> ----- Forwarded message from Simply Ian <ianlow87@hotmail.com> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 12:47:42 +0000
> From: "Simply Ian" <ianlow87@hotmail.com>
> To: debian-cd@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Installation Help
>
> hi, i need help....
>
> I was installing Debian 2.1 from a book and whilst installing, I reached the
> part where I had to install the kernal and base. how ever, when searching
> for the resc1440tecra.bin on the cd, says CAN'T BE FOUND. however, I checked
> and it is located in the directory /boot/resc1440tecra.bin . STILL it does
> not read, could u offer a solution
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
> --
>   __   _
>   |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  CS student at the Technische  |  GnuPG key:
>   | \/?|  http://atterer.net  |  Universit?t M?nchen, Germany  |  0x888354F7
>   ? '` ?
>

> --

Glen Lee Edwards
glenlee@perluser.net

"Linux, giving you the freedom to make the choice."