Re: Fonts loading problem with X

Hi,

as far as I know, the font "fixed" belongs to misc, 100dpi or 75dpi. So try loading these fonts before the truetypes.

        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc/:unscaled"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath     "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
        FontPath        "/usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts"

- Oliver

Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
Hi

I tried to load the M$ TTF fonts with X today. I made it like the howto on http://www.paulandlesley.org/linux/xfree4_tt.html tells me to do.

I set everything up and changed the XF86Config. If i try to start X i get this error:
	Fatal server error:
	could not open default font 'fixed'

If i remove the FontPath from the XF86Config it starts perfectly and if i add the fonts by hand by typing:
	xset fp+ /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts
Then i get no errors and the fonts are prefectly avalible.

Ok,its pretty annoying to have to manually load the fonts everytime... Has someone an idea where the problem could be? I attach a copy of my XF86Config.

cheers,
Raffaele