Re: GCJ and C/C++ applications how is it possible ?

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 09:11:29AM +0200, Pac wrote:
| Le 22/05/02 à 23:54, dman a écrit:

| dman> | See this from http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.1/changes.html :
| dman> |
| dman> | " # JNI and CNI invocation interfaces were implemented, so gcj-compiled Java code can now be called from a C/C++ application.
| dman>
| dman> I didn't know that.  That's a good feature to have.  I guess you'll
| dman> have to RTFM the gcc docs to find out what that API is.  Maybe it
| dman> works just like compiling a C++ library except that you'll be missing
| dman> the C++ header files (unless it can generate them too).
|
| on http://gcc.gnu.org/java/docs.html there is no manual
| only a FAQ but I will read the different articles.

Read that part of the FAQ again (#6.2) :
    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2001-q2/msg00224.html

:-)

| dman> | dman> For GTK+ you can take a look at http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/.
| dman> |
| dman> | thank you
| dman> | I will read this
| dman>
| dman> Does your GTK+ app already exist in C/C++?  If not, then you can use
|
| no.
|
| dman> java-gnome to write your app in Java and use the java libs directly.
|
| it seems to be a better idea I will probably take this way.

| By the way do you know if a GTK+ component has been made to
| encapsulate a minimal canvas tu use EVAS ?

I don't know what EVAS is, and I'm not sure if GTK+ itself has a
canvas, but I know that GNOME has a canvas widget.

-D

--

 "Piracy is not a technological issue. It's a behavior issue."
                                                       --Steve Jobs