Re: Netconfig tool or do I have to edit file manually?

On Sunday 13 January 2002 23:40, Brian Lavender wrote:
> I configured my Debian box so it uses dhcp, but now I want to
> change it to a static IP. Is there a netconfig utility for
> Debian, or do I just have to edit /etc/network/interfaces
> manually?
>
> brian

If you're using Woody try installing the etherconf package.
Then whenever you want to change it just do:
dpkg-reconfigure etherconf

I do all the config on potato by hand and I'm not sure if there
is anything like etherconf for potato.

HTH,
Jesse