Re: Yow, Madduck!

also sprach dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2002.01.11.1859 +0100]:
> Actually, you're kinda lucky that achilles.net accepted the forwarded
> message since the headers indicate that an unknown hostname was in the
> HELO.  They could have denied it just as martin's system did to your
> debian box.  (I assume you didn't change anything in the headers other
> than the name)

if you run a smarthost as an ISP, you can't do that. any windoze machine
will SMTP talk to you with the NetBIOS hostname, which is not FQDN. if
you expect to have SMTP clients that aren't capable of SMTP or that
aren't mail servers, you can't do what i am doing.

i'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.