Re: dselect fails to install mozilla-browser after upgrade to woody

On September 19, 2002 08:44 pm, Jerome Acks Jr wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 01:07:51PM -0400, Levi Waldron wrote:

[snip]

> To get more info on what is happening, put "set -x" on the second line of
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-browser.postinst and on second line
> of /var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-browser.config. Also, set
> DEBCONF_DEBUG=developer in the environment. Then run "apt-get install
> mozilla-browswer" again.

OK, I followed these steps, then did apt-get install mozilla-browser.

Chose "no" to FreeType2 support
Chose "none" for sound daemon's dsp wrapper

(I also tried it one other type answering "yes" and "auto", which didn't work
either and the end part at least of the output looked the same)

Here is the output:

cedar:/var/lib/dpkg/info# apt-get install mozilla-browser
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, mozilla-browser is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
1 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Setting up mozilla-browser (1.0.0-0.woody.1) ...
+ . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
++ '[' '!' '' ']'
++ exec /usr/share/debconf/frontend
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-browser.postinst configure ''
+ . /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
++ '[' '!' 1 ']'
++ '[' -z '' ']'
++ exec
++ DEBCONF_REDIR=1
++ export DEBCONF_REDIR
++ _old_opts=configure
++ set -- capb CAPB
++ eval 'db_capb () {
                echo "CAPB $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- set SET
++ eval 'db_set () {
                echo "SET $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- reset RESET
++ eval 'db_reset () {
                echo "RESET $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- title TITLE
++ eval 'db_title () {
                echo "TITLE $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- input INPUT
++ eval 'db_input () {
                echo "INPUT $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- beginblock BEGINBLOCK
++ eval 'db_beginblock () {
                echo "BEGINBLOCK $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- endblock ENDBLOCK
++ eval 'db_endblock () {
                echo "ENDBLOCK $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- go GO
++ eval 'db_go () {
                echo "GO $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- get GET
++ eval 'db_get () {
                echo "GET $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- register REGISTER
++ eval 'db_register () {
                echo "REGISTER $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- unregister UNREGISTER
++ eval 'db_unregister () {
                echo "UNREGISTER $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- subst SUBST
++ eval 'db_subst () {
                echo "SUBST $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- previous_module PREVIOUS_MODULE
++ eval 'db_previous_module () {
                echo "PREVIOUS_MODULE $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- fset FSET
++ eval 'db_fset () {
                echo "FSET $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- fget FGET
++ eval 'db_fget () {
                echo "FGET $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- purge PURGE
++ eval 'db_purge () {
                echo "PURGE $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- metaget METAGET
++ eval 'db_metaget () {
                echo "METAGET $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- version VERSION
++ eval 'db_version () {
                echo "VERSION $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- clear CLEAR
++ eval 'db_clear () {
                echo "CLEAR $@" >&3
                # Set to newline to get whole line.
                local IFS='\''
'\''
                local _LINE
                read -r _LINE
                # Disgusting, but it'\''s the only good way to split the line,
                # preserving all other whitespace.
                RET=${_LINE#*[  ]}
                return ${_LINE%%[       ]*}
              }'
++ set -- configure
++ unset _old_opts
+ PREFS=/etc/mozilla/prefs.js
+ '[' -f /etc/mozilla/prefs.js ']'
+ db_fset mozilla/freetype dontparse true
+ echo 'FSET mozilla/freetype' dontparse true
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=Unsupported command "non-network" (full line was "non-network local
connections being added to access control list") received from confmodule.
+ return 20
+ true
+ db_text low mozilla/gdkxft_note
+ db_input low mozilla/gdkxft_note
+ echo 'INPUT low' mozilla/gdkxft_note
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=true
+ return 0
+ db_go
+ echo 'GO '
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=question skipped
+ return 30
+ db_input medium mozilla/freetype
+ echo 'INPUT medium' mozilla/freetype
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=ok
+ return 0
+ db_go
+ echo 'GO '
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=question will be asked
+ return 0
+ '[' -f /etc/mozilla/mozillarc ']'
+ db_input medium mozilla/dsp
+ echo 'INPUT medium' mozilla/dsp
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=ok
+ return 0
+ db_go
+ echo 'GO '
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=question will be asked
+ return 0
+ db_text low mozilla/prefs_note
+ db_input low mozilla/prefs_note
+ echo 'INPUT low' mozilla/prefs_note
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=ok
+ return 0
+ db_go
+ echo 'GO '
+ local 'IFS=
'
+ local _LINE
+ read -r _LINE
+ RET=question skipped
+ return 30
dpkg: error processing mozilla-browser (--configure):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 128
 mozilla-browser