Re: (SOLVED, BUT...) My custom kernel doesnt boot

----- Original Message -----
From: nate <debian-user@aphroland.org>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 21, 2002 8:30 AM
Subject: Re: (SOLVED, BUT...) My custom kernel doesnt boot

> <quote who="Dr. Sachin Kale">
> > Hello Good Samaritans,
>
> > =>(--) SVGA: error doing ioctl(GARTIOCINFO): Invalid argument
>
> in my experience that is the result of an incompadible agpgart
> module.
>
> what kernel version and where did you get the agpgart from
> and what version of X and what version of debian ?

OOops sorry to forget telling about agpgart, I did not get it from
anywhere, at the time of make menuconfig
I configured the kernel as follows  -

CONFIG_INTEL_RNG=y
CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y
CONFIG_AGP_I810=y
# CONFIG_AGP_VIA is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_ALI is not set
CONFIG_DRM=y
# CONFIG_DRM_TDFX is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_GAMMA is not set
CONFIG_DRM_R128=m
CONFIG_DRM_I810=m    <=**
# CONFIG_DRM_MGA is not set

Thats where the module came from.

Is it something to do with CONFIG_DRM_I810=m; because I have not done
make modules, there was some error saying something like "No modules
to make & check top level makefile ". So did not do make
modules_install also.

Now what ??

Sachin
( debian potato 2.2 r5; kernel 2.2.19; xfree 3.3.6, i810 )