Woody lvm10

Hi,

I've built a couple of woody machines with the root fs on
lvm-on-software-RAID.

I used lvm10 version 1.1rc1-2 for this without mishap.

I have read the following article, xhich states that this version of lvm10
has various issues:

http://www.debianplanet.org/article.php?sid=684&mode=thread&order=0

Apparently, the issues have been addressed by including version 1:1.0.4-4
(an earlier version) in woody.

Reading the bug reports on lvm10, however, I see that some people have had
their systems rendered unusable when going from 1.1rc1-2 to 1:1.0.4-4:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=148909&repeatmerged=yes

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to make sure the system isn't
broken when changing from 1.1rc1-2 to 1:1.0.4-4?  A suggestion in the
replies to the bug reports is to do vgexport in 1.1rc1-2 and vgimport in
1:1.0.4-4, but it didn't seem to work for the person who posted the bug.

Suggestions, anyone?

Best regards,

|      George Karaolides       8, Costakis Pantelides St.,         |
|      tel:   +357 99 68 08 86                  Strovolos,         |
|      email: george@karaolides.com       Nicosia CY 2057,         |
|      web:   www.karaolides.com      Republic  of Cyprus          |