Re: ethernet on Soyo Dragon Plus w/ VIA chipset

--- Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman.ddts.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 16, 2002 at 03:55:47PM -0700, Matt Akers wrote:
> | I have a Soyo Dragon Plus motherboard with an onboard ethernet port.
> | I recently tried installing debian and haven't been able to get the
> | ethernet port to work.  I tried the via-rhine driver (via chipset on
> | the motherboard) but it wouldn't install.
>
> VIA makes other chips besides the RHINE.

A suggestion in another archive google turned up suggested trying it.

> | I haven't had any luck searching the mailing list archive or using
> | Google.  The manual doesn't say much about the onboard ethernet port
> | other than it is handled in the south bridge chip which is a VIA
> | VT8233CE.  Some help please?
>
> What does 'lspci' say about it?  For example, my system :

lspci says:
00:12.0 Ethernet controller: VIA Technologies, Inc.: Unknown device 3065 (rev
70)
There are a few unknown devices when I use lspci.  the ISA, PCI, and host
bridges have similar entries (VIA tech, unknown device)

I found a website, www.viaarena.com, which had some linux drivers for Red Hat,
Mandrake, and SuSE.  I'm going to try to compile one for debian, but I messed
up some of the install and I'm missing some files so I think I need to
reinstall...