Re: Woody k7 kernel install

On Mon, 2002-06-17 at 01:45, Matthias Ellinger wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I've noticed that there is a k7-optimized 2.4.18 Kernel available via apt-get.
> I'm running the bf24 version installed by the Woody CD.
>
> Now, is it worthwhile to change it (1.2 GHz Duron) to the k7, and how can I do
> so with apt?

Unless I'm missing something:
# apt-get -u install kernel-image-2.4.18-k7 kernel-headers-2.4.18-k7

This should automagically update your lilo.conf, but better eyeball
it first before you run "lilo -v".

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net         |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81     |
| "Object-oriented programming is an exceptionally bad idea   |
|  which could only have originated in California."           |
|  --Edsger Dijkstra                                          |