Re: Oversized ethernet frame spanned multiple buffers

Karoly VEGH, 2002-May-21 16:37 +0200:

> Hi,
>
> woody, 2.4.18, via-rhine ethernet-card.
> The comuter was suddenly completely unreachable via net.
>
> i went to the console, /etc/init.d/networking stop, then start, and went
> on...
>
> in the log:
<snip>

You should post this to the debian-security list.  I appears like it
could be some kind of attack, like a buffer-overflow or simply a DoS.
You might want to check the MTU on the interface as well, to make sure
it's not set excessively small or big (ifconfig).  Just a few
thoughts.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer