How to apt-get upgrade from files only

Some days ago I've apt-get upgraded my system and saved all the
downloaded files, ie packages, that were to be upgraded. I saved
them in order to give them to a friend with a slow connection -- so,
I thought, he can upgrade the packages we have in common.

Somehow, we were puzzled: what does one have to put into his
sources.list, since those files really are only packages, not sorted
in any order and not in the special directory structure.
Any ideas?

andrej

--
echo ${girl_name} > /etc/dumpdates