Re: Help me install debian in the vmware

On 21 May 2002, Squirrel wrote:

> I want to install debian into my i386 machine.After I boot the
> installing from the image rescue.bin,it prompts that "Insert root floppy
> disk to be loaded into RAM disk and press ENTER".Then I switched the

Are you using the root.bin image?

> image onto boot.bin.But it prompted "end_request:I/O error, dev
> 02:00(floopy),sector 0" .what's wrong?

Are you using real floppies? I recommend using virtual floppies because
they can not go coruppted. What's your installation source? If you have a
unofficial CDrom set, try boot the CD. If you downloaded any http or ftp
mirror, it is probably more efficient to create a small but bootable CDrom
image to boot from. (You don't need a CD writer). The contents of
main/disks-i386 minus documentation minus locales is just enough. With
mkisofs just use the -b flag to boot from images-2.88/rescue.bin

Jan.