Fetchmail problem

Hello,

When I run my slackware distro, I'm used to using fetchmail get mail
with the command:

fetchmail -k --protocol POP3  -u cpw pop.rahul.net

Fetchmail then asks me for a password, and gets the mail.  I read it
using mailx.

However, when I try this from my newly installed Debian Woody distro,
fetchmail spits out something like:

reading message cpw@pop.rahul.net:259 of 261 (3121 octets) ..fetchmail:\
 SMTP error: 553 5.1.8 <bounce-debian-user=cpw=rahul.net@lists.debian.org>\
 ... Domain of sender address \
 bounce-debian-user=cpw=rahul.net@lists.debian.org does not exist
. not flushed
reading message cpw@pop.rahul.net:260 of 261 (3327 octets) ..fetchmail:\
 SMTP error: 553 5.1.8 <bounce-debian-user=cpw=rahul.net@lists.debian.org>...\
 Domain of sender address bounce-debian-user=cpw=rahul.net@lists.debian.org\
 does not exist
. not flushed

and there's no mail for mailx to fetch, nothing in /var/mail/cpw.  I
can send mail locally and it shows up in /var/mail, and can be read by
mailx, but nothing from fetchmail.  Right now, the only way I can read
mail from my ISP in Debian is with netscape messenger.

(I'm sending this from my ISP shell account, using mailx.)

Does anybody have any ideas on what I have to do to get fetchmail to work?

Regards,
Carl Weidling