Re: update problem

On 05/08 03:46 Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:
I am using debian sparc/linux unstable. After the last
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade I have following problem.

gnome-session (gnome-panel, gnome-panel-data, gnome-terminal)
wont install or remove anymore.
eg:
 apt-get install gnome-session
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Sorry, gnome-session is already the newest version.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.
2 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/314kB of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
(Reading database ... 130279 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace gnome-gv 1.1.94-2 (using
../gnome-gv_1.1.94-2_sparc.deb) .
.
Unpacking replacement gnome-gv ...
Could not create database.  Aborting update.
dpkg: warning - old post-removal script returned error exit status 1

You can try by purging gnome-gv first; and because the post removal script caused problems (exit status was not 0), add "exit 0" somewhere in the beginning of /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-gv.postrm (but after the #!/bin/sh, of course). Then execute dpkg --purge gnome-gv.

Oki