Re: Testing procmail autoresponses

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 10:24:30PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
| begin  Paul 'Baloo' Johnson quotation:
| > How do I test autoresponses that require email coming from certain
| > places without pestering the groups involved?
|
| There's more than one way to do it.
|
| One would be to down your WAN, and then telnet to port 25 and pretend to
| be whomever you please.  Then wipe the messages out of your sendmail
| queue before you hook the WAN back up.

Even simpler would be to make a message in a file (use $EDITOR).  Then
simply pipe it to procmail and see what procmail does with it.  (yeah,
if you've got autoresponses, shutdown your outgoing connection and
remove those messages before restoring it)

-D

--

Microsoft: "Windows NT 4.0 now has the same user-interface as Windows 95"
    Windows 95: "Press CTRL-ALT-DEL to reboot"