Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks

On  0, Chris Jenks <rattis@dhol.org> wrote:
> At 02:49 PM 4/10/02, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> >on Wed, Apr 10, 2002, Shawn McMahon (smcmahon@eiv.com) wrote:
> >> Perhaps it's time to start refusing list posts from Outlook Express.
> >>
> >> That'd eliminate 99% of the "unsubscribe" stupidity, as well.
> >
> >I respond to the address, postmaster@address, and
> >listmaster@lists.debian.org with the following.  Manually, haven't
> >procmailed it yet:
> >
> >    Postmaster@lame.site:  Configure your autoresponder to reply to
> >    envelope sender, not the thousands of subscribers of mailing lists.
> >

> >    listmaster@lists.debian.org:  can we please have all subscribers
> >    from lame.site removed from all Debian mailing lists.
> >

> >Subscribers behind AV filters and Exchange servers are put on notice.
>
> While we are at it, why don't we drop people that use / send attachments.
> That should fix the rest of the problems.

I would refrain from going that far, simply because I suspect that my
pgp signature is sent as a MIME attachment.  Would you drop all signed
mail?

> Not looking for a flame war.

No, but I think your suggestion goes a tad too far.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"That you're not paranoid does not mean they're not out to get you."
	- Robert Waldner

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au