gdkxft

Can anyone describe, or suggest where I could get instructions, on getting gdkxft's anti-aliased gtk fonts working under sid? I've tried a couple of times, but it's always resulted in silly things, like different applications using different fonts, usually the wrong ones, often fixed-width no no reason I can find.
This usually requires me to revert to a backup of my .gnome directory, and I can't see what I'm doing wrong that would require that.

Thanks.

--
Jeremy Nickurak -= atrus@rifetech.com =-
"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he