Re: kernel support for RealTek NIC's

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 02:34:20PM -0700, Jason Majors wrote:
> > I've been trying to set up a small home LAN (just two
> > boxes) with the addition of a SmoothWall firewall. I
> > think I've enough gen to make a fair go at it, but I
> > just can't get 2.2.19 kernels to enable support for
> > RealTek RTL-8139 Fast Ethernet Adapters, and can't
> > understand why.

> You have to allow experimental drivers under the "Code Maturity Level"
> section.
> In case you ever go to 2.4.x, it's now called something like 8139_too.

Thank you. I'll give that a try. Strangely, I did wonder about this
(I'd looked at all the help notes this time!), but didn't give it a go.
Instead, I tried the 2.2.20 kernel which contains both 8139 and
8139too and neither are shown as experimental. That kernel also
failed in the same way.

Now to see if I can get the LAN working!!!

I'm grateful, Jason.

Regards,

john.