disk_io statistics at partition level

Hi,

has anyone done this before ? There is a program, iostat, which states
it could do that, but it needs support from the kernel. And the patch
they suggest does not apply.

Now, if I remember well, /proc/partitions used to have a pretty
complicated format, with lots of numbers and such. I don't know how to
get that format again. Who knows, maybe I'll find it usefull.

Does anyone have a clue on how to do something like this ?

Thanks a lot,
Ionut

--
* Ionut Georgescu