Re: duplicates [was Re: UNSUBSCRIBE]

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 05:43:52PM -0500, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

> Just a question, but why wouldn't you just use /g/ to reply to a message
> from a mailing list? I use that to reply to all of the lists that I'm on
> and it works fine. Like, for example, this message.

As an experiment, this mail is a result of pressing /g/ in mutt. Now,
I expect you to recieve two copies of it, one directly and one thrugh
debian-user. /L/ will only send an additional copy directly to the
author if the OP had the Mail-Followup-To header set.

Actually, it is even worse. Since your post was in reply to a previous
post of Eric G Miller, which accidentally had it's Mail-Followup-To
header set, /g/ in mutt would send three copies of this post: To you,
CC to debian-user and Eric G Miller. I did not let mutt do that though.